Q: "No signal" error when MicroNVR is connected to the monitor/TV.
A: Possible reasons:
- The firmware without image output support is used. Install the version released in January 2017 or later.
- The connection requires an HDMI-DVI adapter. At the moment such connection is not supported, please use a direct HDMI-to-HDMI connection, or an HDMI-VGA adapter.
- Correct signal source (Input/Source) is not selected on the monitor.
Q: When MicroNVR is connected to the monitor/TV, color strips are always displayed on it.
A: Create a user named "display". Specify the password and set the rights of "Supervisor" for this user.
Q: Color strips change to black screen, when MicroNVR is connected to the monitor/TV.
A: Connect to MiсroNVR with the "Observer" using account "display". Make sure the main monitor is set to viewing cameras designated to cells.
Q: How do I change the number of the cameras displayed on the monitor?
A: Connect to MiсroNVR from the "Observer" using account "display", change the view and location of the cameras, and apply changes using the "Choose Screen Division" dialog.
Q: Observer is unable to connect to MicroNVR, though Admintool is able to connect to MicroNVR.
A: Possible reasons:
- MicroNVR is on a different subnet.
Solution: change device IP address using Admintool or change IP address of the computer where Observer is running.
- Connections to MicroNVR are restricted due to configured IP address filtering.
- Change IP address of your computer to one of the whitelisted addresses;
- Reset MicroNVR settings to factory defaults;
- Export settings (use Settings -> Export), send them to technical support, and then import received settings with IP-address filtering turned off.
Q: How do I reset MicroNVR settings to factory defaults?
A: In order to reset all MicroNVR settings, including Line settings, to factory defaults, perform the following steps:
- Download factory-reset.zip;
- Extract its contents to any folder on your computer;
- Run factory-reset.bat;
- Enter device IP-address and the administrator password (default is "admin");
- Wait till reset is finished; device restarts automatically.
Q: MicroNVR does not recognize USB drive or Flash.
A: Possible reasons:
- The drive is not formatted in NTFS / FAT32 / EXT4.
Solution: connect the drive to your computer and format in one of these filesystems.
- The filesystem on the drive is damaged.
Solution: connect to the drive to your computer and perform filesystem troubleshooting with automatic error correction (use "Properties" -> "Service").
- The drive does not have enough power.
Solution: If this is a 2.5" drive powered by USB, connect it to an additional power supply using a double cord.
- The drive size is less than 1 GB. In that case, it is ignored by MicroNVR.
Q: MicroNVR does not recognize the second drive.
A: At the moment the device uses only one drive for archive storage. It is drive that was recognized the first.
Q: Gaps and glitches when working with archive.
A: Possible reasons:
- The drive is connected via the lower horizontal USB slot.
Solution: This slot is not recommended for recording devices because of its low speed. Switch the drive to any other USB slot.
- Low speed of the drive itself.
Test the drive speed using any program that allows you to simultaneously measure the speed of reading and writing; for example, HD_Speed in Write + Read + Verify mode. The normal speed value is about 2.5 MB per second for each high quality camera, so in order to work with 5 HQ cameras, the speed should be at least 12.5 MB per second.
Q: Admintool asks for a password.
A: Admintool password is "admin" by default. You can change this using Admintool: Settings -> Change password.
Q: How do I reset the Admintool password?
A: To reset the Admintool password, do the following:
- Disconnect all drives from MicroNVR.
- In the root directory on any drive, create a password-reset.txt file.
- Enter the first five characters of MicroNVR MAC address. For example, "ef:4d", into this file. (You can determine MicroNVR MAC address using Admintool).
- Connect the drive to the device and restart the device by turning it off.
Q: How do I reset the Line administrator password?
A: In order to reset Line administrator password, perform one of the following actions:
- Perform a full device reset to factory defaults. (Factory reset).
- Export settings (use Settings -> Export), send them to technical support and import received settings with administrator password reset.
Q: How do I connect more than 5 cameras to the device?
A: To do this, you need to change the device operation mode via Admintool (use Settings -> Change mode...).
Q: How do I change the video stream settings for IP cameras?
A: IIn order to get the best video stream stability, MicroNVR connects to IP cameras using "View only" mode. Therefore, you need to set all stream settings using the web interface of the IP camera itself during initial set up of the system.
Q: The image from the IP camera contains artifacts.
A: First, make sure that the IP cameras are connecting to the Line channel using the TCP option. Secondly, make sure that the bit rate settings specified on the camera do not exceed the typical resolutions used (1,3 Mpx – about 2 Mbps, 2 Mpx – about 4 Mbps, 3 Mpx – about 6 Mbps).
Q: Network resource recording does not work.
A: First of all, make sure your device has the latest firmware version. If possible, check the availability of the network resource from any computer on the same local network where MicroNVR is located. Also consider that there are a few requirement parameters:
- Network resource address should be declared with the IP address and not the computer name. For example, "\\192.168.1.2\line_archive\" instead of "\\Office-PC\line_archive\". This is due to the fact that the device does not support the NetBIOS name resolution used by Windows;
- The full path to the network resource should be correct.
Q: Network resource recording stops after a while.
A: If the network resource is located on a computer running Microsoft Windows, you should make the following changes to the registry:
- set "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\LargeSystemCache" parameter to "1";
- set "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters\Size" parameter to "3";
- add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters\IRPStackSize" parameter with the type REG_DWORD and value "0f(15)".
You can make these changes using the windows-share.reg file. After making changes to the registry you must restart the computer.
Q: How to update MicroNVR firmware?
A: To update MicroNVR firmware, do the following:
- Download the Admintool application and the file with the firmware from webpage http://www.devline.net/nvr/files/.
- Run the Admintool application (the file that looks like «admintool-X.X.X.exe»), and select the required Devline Micro Server.
- Click Support − Update firmware, and indicate the path to the downloaded firmware file (the file that looks like «firmware-vXXXXXXXX»). To confirm, you are to specify the Admintool password, which is "admin" by default.
The firmware will be automatically updated after rebooting the device. The settings and the license information should be saved. If necessary, the settings can be additionally saved by clicking Settings − Backup Line Settings...